Situated in the London borough of Bromley, Biggin Hill Airport has a rich and varied history. The airport was originally used as a military base during World War II, and later became a hub for private and charter flights. In recent years, the airport has undergone a multi-million-pound transformation, and now boasts a modern terminal building, a state–of–the–art runway, and a range of on–site facilities. Despite its size, Biggin Hill is perhaps best known for its ‘Biggin Hill Bump‘ – a small mound on the runway which has become a notorious challenge for pilots!
The Pilot Plus team has gone above and beyond to make sure that London Biggin Hill airport is as realistic and authentic as possible. Working closely with airport management to make sure that every detail is accounted for, from hangars to bin bags, you’re able to soak up the atmosphere on foot or in the air. The Pilot Plus rendition captures the vibrancy of this iconic airport perfectly in your simulator.
- A high-fidelity rendition of London Biggin Hill
- Precise terrain of 1-meter accuracy, inclusive of runway slope and the classic biggin bump.
- Full high-resolution PBR implementation, from buildings to airside clutter and ground
- Dynamic rain on control tower glass
- Realistic and accurate night lighting throughout
- Latest high-resolution ground imagery and airport layout including the new bombardier super hangar
- Optional static aircraft