EGKK London Gatwick Airport is Europe’s leading airport for point-to-point flights and has the world’s busiest single-use runway, with a maximum of 55 aircraft movements per hour.
In 2015 the rolling total of passengers surpassed all forecasts and exceeded 40 million. The airport is a base for scheduled airlines: British Airways (BA), EasyJet, Monarch Airlines, Norwegian and Virgin Atlantic and charter operators such as Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways.
Pilot Plus have carefully studied every aspect of the airport to produce a faithful replica in the flight simulator! EGKK is an international airport, this makes it perfect for long-haul heavy flights! London Gatwick is the UK hotspot for international travel, this makes it a great place for European flights and even to the states.
Every texture is photo real and is in a high definition! We have implemented many visual effects such as ambient occlusion, custom night lighting and custom shadowing, this makes the airport look very real! Every 3D model has been modelled to extreme accuracy, replicating the atmosphere of the real airport! Emulating a close to real life experience in X-Plane!
- A faithful replica of London Gatwick
- High-Resolution ground imagery
- Custom Night lighting
- Many Animations in and around the airport
- Custom Tram track with animated tram
- Animated Jetway’s
- Very detailed 3D Models covering the whole airport
- Ambient Occlusion
- Custom Runways, Aprons & Taxiways
- 3D Grass and vegetation within the airport and local area
- Optimized for maximum performance
- Over 70,00 hand placed objects!
Update V2.2.1 (19/05/2020)
- Compatibility with X-Plane 11.50
Update V2.2 (28/08/2018)
- Creation of a ‘Lite’ version for XP10 and increased performance
- BetterPushback/ Hard Surface error
- LOD Issue on load fixed
- Missing Texture fixed
- Lighting fixes
- Fully Customised WT3 solution (credits to Kman) – please watch the included video for installation instructions
Fully customised WT3
- Moved spawn points to align with the autogates across entire airport.
- Moved parking lines and dirt markings to the new alignment of parking spawns
- Added additional gates and relabelled gates to the real world counter parts where needed.
- Added GA parking spots according to satellite imagery. WT3 can now spawn GA props and jets.
- Edited taxi routing to create a good flow around the airport.
- Edited taxi routing to accommodate the A380 that lands at Gatwick.
- Fixed a bug with the airport thinking the other runway was still active which was generating errors.
- Added the correct airlines to all gates according to 2017 available data.
- Made an airport operations file for EGKK that mimics the real world operations of Gatwick
- Moved clutter objects around so WT3 won’t run them over
clipperrc (Verified purchase) –
Looks very nice and adds more fun to the sim!
Elliot (Verified purchase) –
Syberen M. (Verified purchase) –
Jens Hitzschke (Verified purchase) –
Zdenek M. (Verified purchase) –
Paul Armstrong (Verified purchase) –
Much better than UK2000 version.
Riley B. (Verified purchase) –
Keith (Verified purchase) –
Alan F. (Verified purchase) –
As one of the UKs larger airports, Gatwick is a favourite of mine. As you would expect, the Pilot Plus version of this airport is outstanding. All the details you would expect to see are included from the terminals and aprons to the Virgin Atlantic building. Lots of smaller features are visible including animated baggage trains buzzing around and of course as per usual the night lighting is a triumph. Its a big airport and filled with AI aircraft it really comes to life.
Simon Garlick (Verified purchase) –
You know you want to treat yourself to those airports that just keep giving and giving each flight? Well these guys know what they are doing, attention to detail like no others superb
Joshua Donnell (Verified purchase) –
Amazing scenery very much the best Gatwick for X-plane
Richard Hall (Verified purchase) –
Very pleased with the results
Anonymous (Verified purchase) –
james Brown (Verified purchase) –
Service trucks not available at this airport
Martin Cumming (Verified purchase) –
LUCA SALA (Verified purchase) –
Lukasz Kulik (Verified purchase) –